Team Review 2's Logo

Views

Monday, February 25, 2008

Upshift Strike Racer Review


Sorry about not posting anything I had left four 3 days and now I'll post everything at once because everything was completly done!




Upshift Strike Racer Review


A new company to medal with and it's my favorite genre too: racing! So first impressions are this: The company has made 6 turning into 5 games (don't ask why decreasing). The people can be easily amused. I think the company is called Gpotato (a weird name) and even though the name is weird let's hope that the game is better.


Graphics


I feel dead when I saw that picture. The one I showed you all a couple days ago. I went back and visually enhanced all the photos so everything did not feel like there was a layer of dirt covering the screen. So just as a side note every picture will be visually enhanced so I don't feel like death is crawling on me but you will see that the video review will have the death like town feeling.


Back to the game the graphics overall were amazing, everything on the outside I mean well designed and everything felt realistic I really did like the graphics they put into this game was amazing and hard working. Again like I said and will continue to say is that since there is no base in free games I'll base it on how varied it is. On that note I'll tell you this not a lot is varied so I didn't see a difference in the appearance of the car especially when you looked inside the car there was no inside! I'm serious there wasn't anything! This is what I call careless and stupid. I guess these guys saw the mistake and tinted the glasses for all the stages except one that you will see here and the main menu. Though anyway there weren't a lot of changes on the same vehicle. Though you had many different vehicles to choose from. I mean like a real good amount that ranged extremely. The problem was the cost of the vehicle was outrageous so you didn't see lots of different cars. The stages actually were different even though they had the dirt feel to almost all of the stages. Though I did see a difference from all stages which kind of made up for the empty vehicle. Overall graphics in the game were awesome and I totally would recommend it if it were only based on graphics.








Just wanted to show you the preloader How could you mess up like that




Sound


I didn't hear that much difference in sound in this game at all. The sound either was rusty metal rock music or something but surprisingly it fit into the game's tone. The sound didn't do much and neither did the sound effects of the game. The shooting was there and if felt like shooting and so did the explosions but it didn't flow with the game. There was a difference of music which was nice but again I either felt like I was going to die or I was in the middle of a hard metal rock concert. There wasn't anything else to say about the music except that it just didn't feel at right.


Gameplay


There is not a lot to talk about when it comes boiling down to gameplay this game only had 3 actual modes followed by a garage and a shop. First came Strike Racing. This is the one where you have weapons and items to blow up other cars. This is the one most of the community plays with. Basically you are racing while shooting. You get 3 weapons at the very beginning and just wait until you can shoot everything down. This is moderately fun at the beginning but it quickly gets boring and I couldn't stand it. The destructiveness is pretty good for the game seeing everything that is lying down can get hit but either way there wasn't much to do besides race and shoot. Before I forget let me tell you something. The community is small and unfriendly. I don't know why this is happening but I mean when you try to chat no one responds to your comments I mean nothing at all! Let me give you the 5 words I saw on the chat: Everybody get ready or starting soon. Now most games can be 10x better when you have a friend playing with you. In this game everybody has the I work alone type of feeling.


Anyway the next mode is racing. So think about this racing and racers. That's it! I mean you get the same stages and everything just without the weapons. There isn't much to do in this mode at all and no one seems interested since almost no one races in this mode. So this mode really never gets any attention except for the few people who set up rooms as you will see in my video review.


The next mode is time trial that mode though I call it practice mode if you are under a level 4. See you have to donate 50 rep points to this big pool so someone can win it all at the very end of the month, but this only will happen when you are a level five and above. The time trial mode is a practice mode for people who need to work on their skills. The mode is good and one of the best because of the things you can do in that mode is just practice you're racing skills. Let me tell you one thing since this is a small community people will mostly have a higher level then you and will be able to kick you buts immediately.


There was a shop and garage mode in the game but I just don't want to talk about it there wasn't a lot you could do, but I'll put that in the video review.













Hitting cars is fun! The stupid glitch :(




Lasting Appeal


The game was real shallow. The depth of a game is usually what lets me play a game. This game had no depth no unlockables and no motivation. I mean whenever I played the game I was forced to continue only for the review. The game was real boring especially with the few people who play the game and even though the graphics are awesome for that I didn't feel like playing the game because of its shallowness.


Fun


The game was ok to play with its overall fighting and attacking. Though I did feel a layer of dirt was on the screen whenever I played so it always looked rough and rugged so it was hard to play. Everything in the game felt lacking in almost every way. The final product was mediocre at best so in all the game isn't recommended for anyone.


Downloadabillity


I found this game and company through an ad on Newgrounds. The game is hard to find because I could never find an ad again but they always seemed to be advertising Rapplez another game of theirs. There really isn't much to say but you will have to find it by clicking on links from other games. Overall you can't find it unless you look somewhere else.




Graphics: 9.5


Sound: 6.7


Gameplay: 3.5


Lasting Appeal: 2.5


Fun: 4.0


Downloadabillity: 7.0


Overall:


5.6

No comments: