Team Review 2's Logo

Views

Friday, February 1, 2008

Audition Review

Video Review by Saturday.



I know I was supposed to give you a review on wed but well I had troubles getting everything ready. I also had a problem posting the pictures on wedendsday and finally figured it out today so now I’ll be able to post using Microsoft word.



Intro

With the many music games you would wonder if you would ever see a free one. Well Nexon jumped again and came to the rescue. As the one of the first free dancing games to hit the online market you would wonder if the game would either be terribly bad or amazingly good of course that’s what a review does. Join me as we figure out about the world of Audition.


Graphics
Graphics for a game can be hard to judge and since there is no real basis I judge by the difference of the game. Well this game excels in difference. I saw customization that people have not even used. The stages look real nice compared to other 3d dance games (I’m talking about DDR) I have seen in the past.






I was recording so I could barely play
When the next time I go dancing I’m going to dance like them

Well as you can see it’s worked out perfectly in this picture I mean look at those stages! I loved all of the game I think that it deserves an A+ in the Graphics.
Sound

Sound usually plays a major role in dancing games. Well this has some nice music. What I liked was that the music was from a lot of genres and the music was modern which made me much happier. Of course you will see in the video review that the music is very good. Lots and lots of music are played from artist of any sort. One problem is the lag in the game which I faced multiple times. That is the problem because all sound quits and you miss beats. This is never a good thing. Though the sound itself is amazing and it is able to update music which again is an awesome thing.

Game play

There were soooooooooooooooooooooooooo many modes. I mean I could not tell you the modes that were in there. I may not have even seen all of them! Since that is a possibility I decided to show you 3 modes of game play. First is Normal mode the main mode of Audition. The mode is different than expected as you are supposed to do a combination of arrows and then press space bar before the sphere passes the white area (shown in the video review).The mode itself is fun to play but one mess up and the combination disappears. This usually leaves no time to redo the combination. When this happens you lose a turn. The mode was fun to play but can be very annoying to mess up and start all over again. The next mode was called Beat Up. This mode is a reincarnation of DDR with extra features. You use the number pad and press the number with the corresponding arrow. Just like DDR you get awarded by combos every 10 combos you get a letter until you get BEATUP. That doubles the score (I think) from then on. The mode for me is the best because of the feel of the game. The last mode of all is One- Two. I think some people have heard of this type of mode. This mode makes you follow an NPC (Non Playable Character) and follow what they do in rhythm. I found a lot of difficulty playing the mode and found out that the mode was not popular at all! I found around 1 room every hour showing it and few people where in that room. The mode overall sucks and I would not recommend playing it.

This is Beat Up the one that looks like DDR
When you look at the Video Review you’ll see it much better
The cash shop is also there. Again if you have no life use your own money and buy the items you probably won’t need. Though this time these guys realized that people don’t want to waste their own money and let you buy the items with beats (where do you think I got those nice threads). Even so Beats are hard to earn and you need a lot of beats to buy some of this stuff which can get real annoying but that is something you can look over. The last thing on this list is the level system which is based on experience points. I don’t know exactly when you level up but level 1-5 is beginner (I’m on 5) and 6+ is pretty much the harder levels. The level system takes a much longer time than expected but that’s fine when you have other features that keep you occupied. Even so the game play for the game is awesome and if you can live through some of the problems in game play and stay away from one two you’ll realize this is a good game.

Lasting Appeal

The game is fun I mean real fun. The game itself is fun and I recommend it all people. The only problem is the lag and the cash shop. Besides that you can meet up with friends and talk to each other and have an awesome time with each other. The game is one of the better games that Nexon has made. I love it and if you have friends you’ll never quit. Though if you don’t have anyone to play with, the game can be fun as you’ll be lost in the modes that they give you. I found the game to be very enjoyable and I hope you guy will feel the same way.
Fun
The game is very fun to play I love it because of all the modes you get to play. I think that all people would love playing this game so give it a try. I loved almost all modes in the game and I loved playing everything that was in the game. There were some problems like the shop and the One Two mode but that was it. Overall get the game it is fun and awesome to play.
Downloadabillity
From what I heard there were commercials from MTV networks I was able to see the commercial which was nice and I even saw the promo for Audition was even better but if you want to see or download audition I got the link right here I love the game and it should be fun for you guys too. Audition Online for North America

Graphics: 9.3

Sound: 9.9

Game play: 10

Lasting Appeal: 8.4

Downloadabillity: 8.0

Overall
9.0

No comments: